- Worked in mining for 11 years at Kidd Creek Mines, followed by over 30 years at Monteith Correctional Complex.
- Completed a Bachelor of Arts degree in Law and Justice and Psychology from Laurentian University.
- Over ten years of volunteer service with VCARS, the VGCHI Committee, and the Iroquois Falls Adult Learning Centre.
- I was a peer member for Critical Incident Stress Management for almost ten years while employed at Monteith. I also taught Suicide Awareness and served as a train-the-trainer for the core programmes offered to offenders. My spouse and I were married for forty years and have two daughters. They are now adults with their own children. I have four grandchildren at now.
- I appreciate curling and darts as community activities. I enjoy crafting and reading during my free time.
I would like to provide our citizens with activities that would enhance their quality of life. Activities for individuals of all ages. I feel that keeping an active and social lifestyle is essential to one's health.
I would like to maintain the current level of service and, if possible, improve it, within our means. Maintaining the safety and quality of our roadways is vital to me.
I also believe that in this economy, it will be difficult to balance our needs with our budget. We will have to collaborate closely to generate solutions and creative ideas.
I am willing and prepared to do exactly that!